Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planned on hitting Logan hard for Crappie & Cats but............ when we launhed the boat last Sat we found ahd we ahd problems, got them fixed but w/ the weather & stuff we were only able to get out for 1 day!

Some small Crappie, Gills, I caught one largemouth that was just over 18 inches, caught opposite side of the dock in the deep water, caught it near shore. Its back was real messed up from I guess what was spanning. A very nice looking fish, not the largest in the world, but one of my top bass from Logan. I was actually fishing fro anything that would hit, it was caught on a 4 inch creek chub.

Does anyone what the results were from the Cat tourney on Sat night?

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
Should have tried some Chicken breast with anise, I heard that will catch huge flattys! :D :D

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Hey man at least that had something hitting on it @ the river! (Sheephead dont count though, right?)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Me and my buddy fished Logan on May 1st, from 11:30am to 7:30pm. We were trying for saugeyes and managed 1 nice 18" eye and a bunch of small crappies. We ended up with around 50-60 small crappies. All the fish came on small crappie jigs, except for one that came on a minnow.

Darryl

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoops I should have proof read, I meant to ask if nayone knew the results of the Cat tourney on Sat night?

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better make sure you hit good, looks like rain most of next week.

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
I might just meet ya up there flathunter. From the looks of it I may be going up to Erie for some smallies or White bass in Freemont... but if that falls through I'll go to logan for a day.

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey bigfoot27-----what was the temp down at logan?----i am planning on trying to get there or to rushcreek either tommorow or on friday----can you help me out?----also---dont care about specifics, but were they in tight or out in a little deeper water yet?-0------thanks alot---eye(tony)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Eye4neye,

I'm not really sure of what the water temp was, because my buddy forgot his fish finder. I would say it was probably between 50-55 degrees. We were actually trolling for saugeyes, but we started catching crappies on small 1/8 oz. crappies jigs. All of the crappies were caught in the deeper water.

Darryl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts