close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake levels still good?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sawgi2001, Dec 8, 2004.

1. :confused: Is the marina ramp still usable at Piedmont? I only have a 14' boat/ 2wd pick-up. Just wanted to wet a line out of the old boat, before putting her away for the winter! Any help would be appreciated! GOOD LUCK to you fella's, during ICE season!

2. Lake is currently at 910.75. I had no problem launching my 18' deep V this past Sunday at 911.5. Marina bay was a bit shallow near the ramp though. Watch out for submerged dock pilings as water continues to drop.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey sawgi, I see this is your first post so Welcome to the site! If you don't want to risk the ramp, we are catching them at the dam too. I am planning on going there tom night possibly along with OGF member fishing marshall. Let us know how you do if you go!

4. Me and another fella put in at the marina. About 2pm today, went out and started fishing for saugeye,jig/minnow's, on one pole. Vibee's on the other. Had a couple short takes on j/m, my buddy snagged once, got it out. Then he thought he snagged again, but this time the boat started moving! He said, Did you shut the electric motor off???? Yea! That's when we both seen a huge swirl behind the boat. The fight was on!!! To make a long story short, and I know you guy's won't believe this! After moving all our tackle, pulling up the 9.9/ electr. motor's, looking 'round and realizing we didn't put the net in boat! We somehow managed to get a 41# ..51 1/4" MUSKY, in the boat!!!!! There was only one other boat out and we got our "BUTT's" soaked. He's gettin' it mounted and I'll put a couple pic's on here as soon as I figure out how to do it! He was using 12# test, a vibee, and a St.Croixe pole that he drug up off the bottom of Piedmont earlier this year. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I'll tell yun's more once I get the pictures on here. THANKS AGAIN fella's and good fishin' to everyone!!! :)

5. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

That is one awesome muskie!
    That fish deserves its own thread!
    Please start another one!

6. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Way to go!!!

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome fish indeed! Thanks for sharing with us!

8. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

nice fish saugi, wish i was there to see your buddy's eyes.
    tim

9. Wow! That's truly a monster 'skee!!! Congrats.

Good gawd...In the span of a few weeks we get a state record saugeye caught on trout bait and a 51-1/4" muskie caught on a blade ..... what's going on? :eek: :D