Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Lake Leelanau in Micigan. Fished for three days during the trip. I dont know whether to call it a success or not because none were very big and there wasn't many. I caught a bunch of small smallmouth bass, my first two pike ever( also small), and my first walleye ever( also small;)) I caught fish so i really cant complain i guess. Just need a little more experiance.;)

·
Bud n Burgers
2,558 Posts
Like the finger lakes in New York, LeeLanau is a tough nut to crack on a one time a year visit. You really need someone local to drag you around for a day to show you the patterns while you are up there. Next time up you need to stop at the Hayloft bar on M-72 near Cedar, or the Cedar Tavern and find a local with all the know and not the boat and take them fishing. ;) Big lakes are tough on short term fishing trips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fish there for one week every year for vacation and this year was exceptionally difficult because the mayfly hatch was so late. I could only catch fish on live bait, caught 4 fish on artificials all week fishing seven hours a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts