close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Lakengren

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Nov 29, 2004.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Does anyone know anything about this lake? It is located near Eaton/Oxford. My uncle purchased a house near the lake and I am curious about the fishing prospects. The lake is not very big, but apparently is very deep.

2. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

Don't take this as gospel but as far as I know it is a private lake in a private community and you most likely have to own a share in the community to fish or boat on it or be a guest.

3. fishingredhawk

Yeah that is right, I told him that I would try to put some sort of fishing report together for him and that is why I am asking

4. I know little of the lake personally, but a friend of my dad's used to live there and he and my dad used to fish it for crappie quite a bit. So, it is at least a decent crappie lake, don't know what else may be in there.

Steve

5. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I've heard it's a good largemouth lake too.

6. catfish_billy

catfish_billy Is it spring yet?

I live about 5mi. from Lakengren. Ive fished out there most of my childhood and into adulthood. Yeah, it is a private lake and community, but if you know someone out there its really easy to get in. My sister owns property out there so I take the boat out once a month or so. Its a fairly decent size lake but you will get depth readings up to 60' around the marina/dam area. It has a very long rip rap bank along the dam, great for channels and crappies. It has a TON of coves and backwater areas. Its known for its largemouth fishing. 5lb.'ers are fairly common in there. The walleye fishing has come along alot since stocking many years back. I know of 2 7lb.'ers caught out there last year. There are also about 9 smaller lakes surrounding the main lake. I catch all my bait for catfishing out at Lakengren. Lots of great crappie and bluegill fishing.
    I also know that due to an overpopulation of bluegill, they stocked the main lake this past spring with about 1200lbs. of flathead cats. All in the 8-10lb. range, nothing huge but just give them about 5yrs. Its a perfect lake depth wise, and they will have no problems spawning.
    If there is anything else you need to know just let me know.
    Tight Lines,
    Bill

OH and I almost forgot, there are some HUGE carp in that lake, 20lbs. and over.

7. fishingredhawk

Thanks a lot Billy, that is some great information. My uncle will be happy to hear all of that!