Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been there yet this yr? Just wondering, might try to get on Sat morning if there not booked. I will call Friday and find out. I did pretty good last yr there with both gills and Lg mouth, its a good time. :)

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
If you do go, please give a full report. I've always wanted to try that area out. I know the member NORM fishes that lake. Thanks .CATKING

·
Registered
170 Posts
Rently heard about that place myself, fairly new to the area, and would love to give that place a try sometime... I hear the Bluegill & Crappies are awesome up there...

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
I read where this is an area where you must call ahead and register. It's known for its huge gills and LM bass. They keep a close eye on the amount of fish taken out of there. THE CATKING !!! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Call Findlay ODNR and they will send out rules. basically, you cal monday am for a reservation wednesday thru monday. on certain lakes you are allowed 10 gils 2 over 8"
and limited numbers of smallies. All fish are checked through a check out station. They maintain the lake for gill fishing. Since I'm a meat fisherman, I only catch to eat, and I love catching gils, I'd rather fish Irish hills. 25 is a better dinner and I usually keep only 7" or bigger. My preference is Irish hills and I don't need to call monday am.
However if your catching just to fish it should be worth the trouble of calling. Imagine throwing back 10" gills. What better fish to fight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went to Lake La Su Ann on Saturday. Beautiful day. Fished from the bank. Caught 10 largemouth basses and 4 blue gills. Cannot keep any of them because the basses are 10 - 12 inches and the keepers have to be 15 inch. The blue gills are 8 inches long, but I cannot keep them because I registered to fish for bass, and that was what I was allowed to keep.
The bass was biting at all kinds of artificial lures - spinners, floats. It was very fun and would go back again anytime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts