close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake La Su An

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrm123, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Has anyone been there yet this yr? Just wondering, might try to get on Sat morning if there not booked. I will call Friday and find out. I did pretty good last yr there with both gills and Lg mouth, its a good time. :)

2. catking

catking Banned

If you do go, please give a full report. I've always wanted to try that area out. I know the member NORM fishes that lake. Thanks .CATKING

3. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Rently heard about that place myself, fairly new to the area, and would love to give that place a try sometime... I hear the Bluegill & Crappies are awesome up there...

4. catking

catking Banned

I read where this is an area where you must call ahead and register. It's known for its huge gills and LM bass. They keep a close eye on the amount of fish taken out of there. THE CATKING !!! :)

5. Call Findlay ODNR and they will send out rules. basically, you cal monday am for a reservation wednesday thru monday. on certain lakes you are allowed 10 gils 2 over 8"
    and limited numbers of smallies. All fish are checked through a check out station. They maintain the lake for gill fishing. Since I'm a meat fisherman, I only catch to eat, and I love catching gils, I'd rather fish Irish hills. 25 is a better dinner and I usually keep only 7" or bigger. My preference is Irish hills and I don't need to call monday am.
    However if your catching just to fish it should be worth the trouble of calling. Imagine throwing back 10" gills. What better fish to fight.

6. On Friday you only get the cancellations, 1 reservation for 2 people

7. Went to Lake La Su Ann on Saturday. Beautiful day. Fished from the bank. Caught 10 largemouth basses and 4 blue gills. Cannot keep any of them because the basses are 10 - 12 inches and the keepers have to be 15 inch. The blue gills are 8 inches long, but I cannot keep them because I registered to fish for bass, and that was what I was allowed to keep.
    The bass was biting at all kinds of artificial lures - spinners, floats. It was very fun and would go back again anytime.

8. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for an up- date on his area mountaindew ;) THE CATKING !!!

9. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hey Mountaindew.. sounds like you certainly had fun :)

I cant wait to give that place a try someday