close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake La Su An(got on)

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrm123, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Just got on the big lake made my reservation for Sat the7th. I was told this lake is lures only, no live bait. This must be new, I like it that way anyway, more of a challenge. Does any one know when-why of this new rule, I forgot to ask the guy on the phone. I will post results next Moday the 9th and let you know how it all gos.

2. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

From ODNR website

"Welcome to the Lake La Su An Wildlife Area. The fishery of this area is intensively managed to maintain the harvest of large bluegills, and to ensure a fair distribution of large fish among anglers. Studies will be conducted at this area to improve fish management practices for this and other public fishing areas throughout the state"

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/Fishing/llsawafr/llsawafr.htm

perhaps the no live bait rule is to keep unwanted species of fish out of the water.

A small lake I go to in Kentucky has recently been spoiled by the introduction of Shad from catfish tournaments and such. Since there are no real rocky areas for them to spawn in, hopefully the population of them will not go unchecked. The lake has an awesome population of large redears in the 10+" range as well as great bass fishing.