close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Izzy Report.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueWater, Mar 6, 2005.

1. I got to the lake about 2:30 and fished from shore for 2 hours. I used small spoons, small in-line spinners and some of that power bait stuff. Not a bite, but it was fun to get out. Some people did catch trout using the three I mentioned. They just stocked the lake yesterday.

I fished mostly around the dock. Which shoreline is it best to fish from?

Any help would be appreciated!

BlueWater

2. You're on the right track. Gold 1/8 ounce Little Cleo, Yellow or chartruse spinners work well. Also, small, black jigs (Popeyes) tipped with waxworms under a float work well at times. One of the keys at Lake Isabella is to fish the shoreline that the wind isblowing in toward. North end cove works great when the wind is blowing that way. The choppier the water, the better the fishing. I've known guys to work under the dock area with nothing but nightcrawlers (no weight) and they bring out a ton of trout. Just be prepared to move around until you find them.

3. I have no clue as to specifics on this lake but as Stauff said, it sounds like your approach was good. I am not sure where you fished in relationship to where they stocked the fish but the first day on a local lake after stocking all of the fish were right down in the area where they were released. It took them a few days to disperse into the lake. So I would target the release areas for a few more days if it were me before venturing around the lake.

I am not sure what color spinners you were trying but you may want to experiment with different color bodies and different blades. At times that makes all the difference.

Good luck to you.

4. You made my day! I have been waiting for someone to respond. I will give the areas that you mentioned a try. I know more about saltwater than freshwater, but you can still e-mail me if you ever need any info.

Thanks again,

BlueWater