close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lake isabella

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bengalsfan09, Jun 20, 2007.

1. hey i havent really done much fishing in ohio but i was wondering what you guys thought about lake isabella? does it stock too many fish or is it okay on that kind of thing. also, can you target bass there or is it mainly a catfish lake?

2. personally, I don't fish lake isabella. I can get just as good (or in most cases, better) fishing in local ponds or in the LMR and don't have to pay a day use permit.

The two times I fished Isabella, one on shore and one in a boat, I was skunked - but honestly, it was only for about an hour or so both times.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

isabella is an underrated bass lake. people who go there really only fish for cats. It is just too expensive to get the permit and rent a boat, which is needed to target the bass.

4. catking

catking Banned

Kevin is right. This lake isn't bad at all for bass. In fact, my brother fishes there in the spring for largemouth and does quite well.One of Kevins favorite soft baits seem to be an excellent choice there as my brother uses them also...;) THE CATKING !!!

5. I was just down there this past weekend... sat night before fathers day fishing with my old man.. and i have to say it was worth it too me... caught my first ever blue cat.. about 8-10lbs and caught another first... a largemouth bass over 6 inches long.and it was caught on of all things a goldfish lol.. id say it went 2-4lbs.. overall i was impressed with the lake... except the weed problem... but they told me they put in 400 grass carp to take care of that... i will go back and fish there...

catfish_john

Attached Files:

• untitled.JPG
      untitled.JPG
      File size:
      92.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
  6. I might have to go now, I love fishing the grass and slop. If there is a weed problem and most people fish for catfish, i bet you can find some nice bass in them weeds, i would drag frogs over that grass all day long