close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake HP Limits

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by angler47, Feb 9, 2009.

1. I was told by someone at Schwarzel marine in Coolville that odnr was changing the 10 hp limit on lakes to an unlimited hp, no wake limit in May. Does anyone know if this is true? I was going to buy a 9.9 kicker for my boat this spring, but I don't want to waste the money if I don't have to.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:eek:and i was beginning to think we'd make it through this winter without the old 9.9 discussions:D;)
    in fact the dnr did change it on some lakes,but not all.i think it's a trial run just to see if it will fly on those lakes though.
    there's a list somewhere in some old threads here.

3. I'd spend the money for the 9.9 because I can't see the trial period working,most will abuse it.

4. 10bender24

10bender24 Bass Angler

In 2008 4 Div. of wildlife lakes were changed from 9.9 to unlimited/idle-Knox, Rupert,LaSuAn I believe and not sure of the forth.I believe Burr Oak changes this July,it was removed from last years list.At the recent Ohio Bass Federation's open meeting this past Saturday DOW was there and commented that there are no additional lakes planned for 2009 but they did state that other than a couple of incidents of getting on Knox early,they had no complaints :) and State parks are watching and considering.Keep up the good work.

5. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

ODNR said at last Thursdays meeting that pymie was lifted from 10 to 20 or 25.

6. Pymatuning is now 20hp. ODNR has updated their website.

Nahh! it usually starts around the first good thaw :D.