Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am finally coming home from college this weekend and live close to lake hope. if anyone has any info or tips on lake hope please let me know. i have a small boat and electric motor. please help me out...school has given me a serious case of the fishing pox!

·
The Bream Reaper
40 Posts
I used to fish Lake Hope this time of year. Try the creek that runs from the spillway if the waters not running too fast. There was a ledge between the actual spillway & the parking lot on the lake side of the creek. Cast across the creek & jig it back. Small jig tipped with a waxworm. Caught TONS of nice size bluegill. Good Luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im guessing that since nobody is really responding, lake hope is not a hot spot. well maybe its a well kept secret...electro survey says some nice five pounders

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
ive never fished lake hope but ive canoed on it. I know someone who used to slam some big bass there in the early spring, but that was years ago. I know that its pretty clear and has a decent amount of pleasure boat traffic, so you probably will need to fish finesse plastics, like 4 inch texas rigged powerworms, soft jerkbaits, and 4in senkos. The bass should be in spawn mode because of the full moon yesterday so it might be tough. If you drag some plastics around you should get bit. I would fish early and late and make longer casts because of the clear water.

·
Fishin' and Gold Pannin'
37 Posts
Regarding panfish, as you work your way up the lake from the boat launch, I would focus on the right-side shoreline if you're targeting bluegills, and up the left-side shore if you're after crappies. There are some trees down along the left shore, and if you dont' mind losing a few hooks/jigs, fish right in them or just off the ends for the crappie.

Bluegills - if you're catching small ones, move to another spot - often just a bit further off shore toward the (small) creek channel. There are some real nice 'gills in Lake Hope, but they seem to travel together moreso that in some other lakes.

At some point you'll see where the lake takes a sharp-right turn -- just off that point has been good for both crappies and bluegills at different times.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ive only fished it once while i was in college at ou. we started fishing along the shore by the office by the boat ramp. we caught quite a few just past the office, there was a large batch of lilly pads there. caught most on a six inch worm texas rigged. looks like a good lake, but like i said i havent fished it, but once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts