Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Last month I called and no date was set, I’ll call on Wednesday and post a report..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Called the city and they aren’t opening till maybe June first, if nothing changes with what’s going on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Used to fish that lake extensively 98-2012. Always had a boat pass,did the April 1st party out on the street. Back in Ohio so i called them up last fall to get some info on the lake and was told there is zero stocking of trout,eyes or any fish into that lake. Was also told the prices were massively raised but the cabin house guy said we could work something out if i came in. Doubt I'll fish there anymore if its not stocked. I loved that lake too! I guess the bass,crappie and redears will still be great though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
There must be some spawning going on in the lake, picked up a half dozen last summer (all released) that where anywhere from 14 to 22 inch

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
There must be some spawning going on in the lake, picked up a half dozen last summer (all released) that where anywhere from 14 to 22 inch

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
He said there are some eyes there still but no stocking. Did the pike population ever take off or just one here and there still ?

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,007 Posts
I remember my best day was first weekend in May 1991. I graduated the next weekend from KSU. My neighbor and I went there and rented a boat for a couple hours after classes. We found the bluegill on beds and took home a dozen 6-9 inchers using fly rods with wooly buggers. Cooked them that night. We each also caught a bass 13-15 inches. Let those go to keep the bass population healthy. Maybe it wasn't my best day, since I now remember another Spring day in '98 when my friend and I fished from shore with tube baits. I think we landed 7 or so biggest went 2 pounds.
Rickerd

·
Registered
235 Posts
I remember camping out along gate night before to be one of the first to get in and get good spot. By 9 am the shore line from pump house to aerator would be shoulder to shoulder. No one seem to care though, everyone had good time and caught some fish. I lived on the backside of lake from 2016-2018. Still good population of bass crappie and bluegill. I’ve heard of few larger walleye being caught here and there. Almost never more than one at a time. Don’t get why they stopped stocking. Place stayed busy until they stopped stocking. They could probably double the prices if they stocked it again regularly. Positive side is not much of anyone ever there anymore

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Not worth much paying to fish there when you can fish other local lakes for free. Being able to catch rainbows in cold water was the only draw for me(took the kids there for that and they tatooed them.(I grew up in Southern WVa, caught a ton of rainbows/goldens in those streams and passed along my techniques to the boys.) The lake, I'm sure, is still a lm bass bonanza however.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Not worth much paying to fish there when you can fish other local lakes for free. Being able to catch rainbows in cold water was the only draw for me(took the kids there for that and they tatooed them.(I grew up in Southern WVa, caught a ton of rainbows/goldens in those streams and passed along my techniques to the boys.) The lake, I'm sure, sure is still a lm bass bonanza however.
Thats about all we did there. Have a few beers and catch a ton of trout. We would troll 2" stick baits and absolutely destroy the trout. Summer was nice for a BBQ,few beers and that water is so clean it was nice to jump off the boat on a hot day.

·
Time to fish!
4,989 Posts
Me and a budy had a boat stake there for years. City wont fund stocking. Almost closed at one point. Bet you could walk in and get a boat stake now. We were on a waiting list for a year. Caught tons of bass, gills, trout and carp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts