Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well Tom(Mbass8dor) and i hit lake hodgson today from about 930ish to about 630-7....

the day wasnt too bad until everything really started cooling off around 4 and then the slush moved in......

the water was cold but also clear as a bell.... bites were few and far between too.... but i got out of the house and thats all that matters lol.... i just cant wait till this weather warms up...

at the end of the day there were these 2 dinkheads being idiots on the north end, yelling and swearing at everyone they went by.... they called us gay cause my boat has 2 trolling motors....... o_O they were being all kinds of baligerant and immature... we just ignored them and kept fishing

and thats about it.................... ~.o

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!
you wanna see the Big fish that we were able to catch dont ya.....
i know you do.....
its a beast of a fish too..............
oh okay ill be nice and show you lol.... Slab Shad anyone? lol

tom accidently snagged with wit a crankbait.... it was definately a surprise... it doesnt look it in the picture but it was a good 13-14"

tom also hooked into a really nice trout with AMAZING coloration (the pink was really bright on the side... just all kinds of perty) but it came unhooked mid air as he was trying to lift it into the boat :( it was roughly 18-19"... it was a good size fish :D.... he got it on a small crank

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
TheSonicMarauder....my boat has 2 trolling motors.......

Sonic, was one of those trolling motors mine? If so how is it working out for you?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Steve and Steve lol!
I have to remember that trout aren't bass? You don't try and swing them into the boat! I guess that We're going to have to take a net with us from now on?
That was beautiful to watch that Trout come up and hit that crankbait! Just as I was bringing it to the boat, I stopped it and the Rainbow came from out of no where and rolled on it! I would of loved to get a picture of the colors on this trout? Boy, Go out for bass and catch everything but lol! Well now I have to add Shad and Trout, To the Walleye, Carp and Catfish I've caught while Bass'n? It sure was cold out, But it's better than sitting inside the house? Thanks Steve for another Day of fishing?

Tom

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TheSonicMarauder....my boat has 2 trolling motors.......

Sonic, was one of those trolling motors mine? If so how is it working out for you?
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe lol yes it is... the mount i built for it looks ******* but its sturdier then the boat itself lol......

the foot controlled motor is sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice... i get to keep both hands dedicated to fishing now instead of one hand on the rod and one on the motor lol

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
Sonic,
Cool, I'm glad it worked out for you! :D

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be heading there this week or next..
You must have stinky hands after touching that thing!

nick... you dont even know lol he was complaining about the slime for like the next hour lol it was funny

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Used to fish Hodgson a lot 5-15 years back. Not sure if its the fish they stock.......or something about Hodgson.....but the trout out of that lake always had spectacular color.

Landing 16-20" trout was a treat........but when I saw the beautiful colors in those fish it made me feel guilty keeping them. These fish...especially the smaller ones.....are truely sweet eating.

Head 'em, gut 'em, cut the fins/tail out, brush them with butter or olive oil and grill them whole. Awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts