close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs Arkansas

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Bigggcountry, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bigggcountry

Bigggcountry All American

OK guys, I am off to Lake Hamilton to fish in the BFL All American. I will post when i get back. I went from not believeing I made it, to excited I made it, now i am just flat out nervious!!!!!!!

Dan

2. catking

catking Banned

Go down there and show them how Ohioans do it !!! Have a GREAT and safe trip. Be looking for your post. CATKING

3. Bigggcountry

Bigggcountry All American

Ok guys just got back from Arkansas. What a great trip!!! If any of you guys fish the BFLs, you gotta make an All American!!! They treat you like kings and you every wish is met!!! It is unreal. The buffets are impressive to say the least. It was impossible to eat all the food they brought out. I tried. They had 70 brand new 520 Ranger Bass boats for us to use, 25 brand new Chevy Trailblaziers. Guys from Yamaha, Evinrude, Garmin, and Minn Kota to fix what ever we broke.

DAY 1

The fish seemed to be in all 3 stages of the spawn. On the 1st day I didnt fish well at all, I lost 2 good keepers on a worm and had a 2lber wrapped me around a dock. I should have had 7lbs or so, but only weighted in 2lbs 5oz. :(

DAY 2

Day 2 started out kinda boring, we fished a long point with a C-Rig. The fish didnt want to bite there so we went to another spot. We came to this point where the bass had some shad pushed up on it, I got 3 keepers in 3 casts on my Jerkbait. I got another on a topwater bait and finished out my limit with a drop shot. I had my limit in the well before my boater had a bite.... I ended up culling 2 fish off the point with a topwater bait, and my boater got his first fish with a C-Rig. We then went to another spot and I got my biggest fish on a C-rig. My boater got 3 more keepers and we had to head to the ramp.

I ended up in 3rd with 12 lbs 12oz. If I would have boater the keepers from the 1st day I would have given the champion a run for his money. But all in all I cant complain, becuase I know there are 15,000 co-anglers across the US that would trade places with me

Dan

4. Whow Sounded Like A Great Trip...are You Still Using The 2 Rod Technique?.....congratulations..we Will Have To Go After Them Smallies Again...let Me Know When You Are Off... :)