Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,985 Posts
While I'm all in favor of being "green"....within reason......I think wind power is essentially....a fraud.
When you read the ridiculous comments made by those who will profit from this "farm", there is no way they will generate enough power to make them worth while or power what their promoters are claiming.
Wind power kills many birds.....and looks awful, IMHO. The turbine blades are NOT currently able to be recycled. Another form of pollution, IMHO....b/c the Lake will look worse with them.
The ethanal industry and the wind power industry are based on lies and b.s. - for lack of better terms.
If you want to go green, Solar and (gasp) Nuclear are your real options.

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Here's my 2 pennies. If you go to the north west corner of Erie between the Michigan shore and Canadian shore, on a clear day you can see the power sources for each country. Wind turbines on Canadian side, 2 sets of smoke stacks and a nuke plant on the US side. Id rather see the clean turbines than the smoking stacks.
Have you ever seen pictures of bald eagles, other raptors, and other birds in general....especially migratory game birds....that have been killed by the blades of wind turbines?
Have you ever seen the piles of used turbine blades sitting around b/c no one can figure out what to do with them/where to dump them? Wind power is not a free ride, unfortunately.
Your point is well taken......but I don't think it's fair to assume that Canada is getting all of their power from wind turbines. They are not.

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Not a fan of turbines, I'm a birder when not fishing.
Our raptor population has made tremendous strides over the past several decades....if not generations. Losing them to wind turbines is very unsettling to me.
I also think people, by and large, do not understand how damaging to the environment the used windmill blades are. To me, this is NOT Green Energy.
If you're paying attention, you may start to see the smoke and mirrors that are being pedaled when it comes to wind power.
Solar and nuclear are real options, IMHO. This is a sham.

Sky Cloud Ecoregion Wood Automotive tire

· Registered
1,985 Posts
if you are going that route have you ever seen a lake or river that had an oil spill ? there was a pipeline spill in wyoming today 45000 gal of diesel went into a river . and how about the oil spill in the gulf of mexico or alaska tell me how good that made fishing or was good for wildlife. with pipelines its never will they spill its when will they spill..
I hear what you are saying.....but pipelines and wind power are two different topics completely.
Whether or not this wind farm is a good idea has little correlation to pipelines, IMHO.

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Not tor one minute am I dismissing spills but if you look at the data, spills from rail car shipments of oil exceed pipeline spills. So I guess we should stop rail shipments as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rail spillage, while unfortunate, is often limited in size/volume........

Reactions: Softshellcrab

· Registered
1,985 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts