Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

2,556 Posts
Lots of people out there who bend the truth to make themselves look good. Sweden for instance is very proud to announce that they don’t mine coal to produce electricity. True! But what they don’t tell you is that Sweden does not have any coal to mine. And they buy electricity from Germany who produces it from lignite which is so-called “dirty coal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2,556 Posts
I am all for protecting the environment but the green movement has morphed into a scam to enrich politicians & bureaucrats by fleecing taxpayers.

Case in point: There is a politician currently in the news whose personal wealth has increased 600% since she was elected to congress 5 years ago.

Yes! You read that right. 600%!

2,556 Posts
There is a weighing process, and the problem with the windmills is that they are just not going to do much good producing energy, so that any environmental problems caused by them become unacceptable. For trains, sure they will sometimes have spills, crashes, etc, and for that matter accidents. But they are vital and do so much good, that we therefore accept that and just try to make them as safe as we can. It is a weighing process. Same for cars and trucks, which certainly do much more harm along the way than do either trains or windmills. But again, no one is going to argue to get rid of cars and trucks. They are just too vital and produce so much benefit to society on the other side of the ledger, so we weigh the tremendous good they do against the downsides. The problem windmills is that they just don't do much good. They don't work very well, and the ones that exist are overwhelmingly subsidized through tax breaks and direct subsidies. They will never, ever come close to meeting even our present electricity needs. And our electricity needs will double or triple if, as predicted, we move to all electric vehicles in the future. Windmills won't even put a dent in those needs. And the electricity they produce is much more expensive compared to traditional power plants.
Agree with what you say except for your statement about nobody will argue for doing away with cars & trucks. Klaus Schwab, head of the world economic forum in Davos absolutely has publicly called for the abolition of private vehicle ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts