Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get my son a good supply of Walleye trolling spoons for Christmas. Any recommendations as to make, size and best place to purchase??(prefer online) Thanks..

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have 120 stingers regular size and dozen scorpions. All different color patterns, smooth finish with nickel or copper back. nThey catch fish. I have had more success lately with some Krankz spoons in hammered finish, dark colors with maroon, purple with dots. Best performers for me are some Warrior flutter spoons (Lance Valentine Lake Erie color patterns -huckleberry, boy/girl, blueberry muffin). I have also been successful with “no name” pebble pattern solid gold and solid red with single siwash hook.

·
Registered
592 Posts
what part of the lake he's going to fish will help figure out what size is best... mich stingers scorpion size and silver streak jr's are best all round size for the western basin and the central...in the central and eastern basin the bigger sizes are used and have other brands that work better there...colors can and do vary year to year so it's hard to predict or recomend which ones to buy...everybody has their favorite colors...another thing to consider is back color...copper back is the best but gold and silver will work in certain times and or areas...i fish the western basin mostly and some of the colors that have work yearly are pink panties, purple demon, atomic fireball, watermellon in all 3 back colors and cat-dog,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts