close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Erie Smallie In Dunkirk, NY

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by UFM82, May 18, 2004.

1. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Went to hit the smallies over the weekend with 16 guys from around the country- had guys from Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsy, NY, Virginia, Toronto and a few other places. We met up and stayed at a little place in Dunkirk, NY- about 60 miles SW of Buffalo. Fished Lake Erie on May 13-16. The fishing was incredible. Over the 3 days of fishing, the bunch boated nearly 1500 fish. ( No, that's not a typo- 1500 fish.) One boat with 3 guys had over 200 on Thursday. I took a buddy of mine from here with me and we fished Friday and Saturday- over 60 fish for us on Friday. I caught a 5.1 and Bernie caught a 5.3 fish. I caught 4 in the 4 pound plus range and more 3-3 1/2 lbers than you care to see. It was awesome. We did not catch a fish under 2 lbs all day on Friday. Tubes were my #1 bait but Lucky Crafts, Bandits, Rapalas, hair jigs and C-rigged plastics all scored.

I also picked up my new boat on Friday. ( See the River page for a picture.) It did very well on the big lake. Comfortable and easy to fish out of.

Erie is a great fishery- clean water and tons of fish. It will be an annual trip from now on. Can't pass up fishing like that.

UFM82

2. WOW! That is amazing. Great job. got any pics?

3. UFM82

but they are all too big to put here- I can't size them to fit. Anybody offer some help?

UFM82

4. Cant help witht he pics, dont have a clue about that stuff, cant wait to see the pics though.

5. Erie is the best as long as the weather cooperates! Those 80-100 fish days bring back memories. :)

Danny

6. UFM82

This pattern will hold for about another month or so- until the water warms into the upper 60's. All you northwestern Ohio guys should jump on this. Presque Isle, Pennsylvania over to Dunkirk, NY- find 15-20 foot of water off the shore and hit with whatever you want. There are MILLIONS of fish there, I swear. It was amazing.

I wish I wasn't 6 hours away.

UFM82

7. I am heading to Presqe Isle this weekend. Looking forward to catching alot of smallies. I cant even imagine catching a 3 lber let alone 4 and 5 lbs.

8. catking

catking Banned

See UFM, all it took for you to catch fish was to change species in which you hunted ;) Heck, them bass are like fish in a barrel,ask Triton Bill and Lundy ;) ya can throw in Dale and Shake also. Must be a reason for fishin for bass................... Hey, that smallie action is first class fishin !!! CATKING