Lake Erie piers

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NEEDABOAT, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I am thinking about heading up to the Cleveland this weekend to try out a couple of the piers. I have never tried this before. I know this isn't the best time of year to try it, but I was wondering if anything would be biting. Also, what type of bait and techniques work. Are there any piers that are doing better than others. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. You may want to post this in the lake Erie fourm. Somebody should help U out in there.

3. JDBFISHIN

JDBFISHIN Back in the game

Any pier is O.K. If you use live bait will catch sheepheads, minows or worms. This time of year you may catch a couple of perch, white bass and rock bass.

Also don't forget artificial lures will get smallies and large mouth, but that intailes a lot of walking up and down the piers, if you don't mind.

If you are going to use live bait and straight line off the bottom the bigger the rod, 7 feet to 9 feet, the farther out you can cast.

4. I was out at Mentor Headlands last weekend and caught a ton of white bass and white perch on spinners.