close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Erie Perch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

My buddy and myself are heading to erie this sunday. Does anyone know where we can catch some good sized perch? We are going to try to stay as close to shore as possible being as we are only going to be in a 14 foot boot. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. Go up to Ashtubula and look for all the boats, will limit out by 9 AM

3. ohioman76

How far out on the water will all the boats be. Like I said we will only be on a 14 foot boat.

4. I would keep an eye out on the weather. As of now they are calling for 2-4 ft. on Sunday, which would probably be a little much in a 14 ft. boat.

5. ohioman76

Thanks. I think I'll have to call off the trip. Anyone know whats hitting up at mosquito right now.

6. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Buddy of mine went out of rocky river, fished 100yards out past the bouy,to the left, coaght 160 perch!!!!! FYI.....

7. You could head for Lorain Hotwaters and fish on either side of the steel wall if the lake is too rough for your boat. There are always some perch around that wall and some nice sized ones to boot. :cool: Mosquito???? I call that "Heartbrake Lake". :( For every five trips there you will have one fair or good trip. The only excellent trip I ever had there was ice fishing thru the nite two years ago. Now I'm ready for all the flak since I said what I did. :eek: :)

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Don't forget that the In-Fisherman PWT is out of Cleveland this weekend.
    Don't know where they are launching out of but I'd stay away from Edgewater and Gordon Park.

9. The PWT tourney is July 21-23 out of Edgewater.