lake erie out of conneaut?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by curling beast, Jul 14, 2008.

1. curling beast

curling beast Gone Fishin'

is there anything closer in now or is it gettin too warm and is everything goin out to deeper water? i have a 14 ft. seaking and im not really into the idea about goin out too far with only a 9.9 johnson so any help would be great for any kind of fishin! thanks!

2. I know perch isnt too far out yet maybe a mile?? and bass are still in 10-20FOW. I think youll be safe with a 14ft boat just keep an eye on the weather and youll have a good time

3. perch are out 4-5 miles out of conneaut in 52 fow

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Where'd you get this info? The perch moved out almost 3 weeks ago.:confused: If you have experience handleing your boat in rough sea's, you can go get some perch, If not, please be careful on that lake. A 14ft boat on erie, can be deadly.

5. i was up there today and talked to alot of people who were getting limits pretty fast. i was just casting off the rocks, caught some real nice size rock bass, and lost a real nice smallie that jumped and spit the spinner bait. I hope the weather idiots are right 2feet or less forcasted all week long

6. curling beast

were they gettin their limit on bass? i have never even fished bass on erie. just crawdads or what?! that would be pretty cool to try so any info would be great to where they are and stuff like that. thanks!

7. Perchin off Cleveland has still been (last Saturday) fairly close....about half way to crib from Edgewater. The crib is 3.5 miles out...so about 1.5-2 miles out the perch bite was decent. Launching from Edgewater they were due north.

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Was at Conneaut today, perchin. 58ft was the ticket. Got 3 limits of good size perch. Trolled for eyes for a while with no success.

9. no there getting limits on perch, i have only fished for bass on lake erie a few times off of the break wall, and have trolled along them a couple of times with some success , you will need waders to get on the break wall. call snug harbor 4405933755 he gives lake and fishing reports every day. his report said smallmouth bass are in 15-25 fow

10. curling beast

alright thanks for all the info!

11. hey chaunc how long did it take for you to get your limit. i called up there earlier today and there out of shiners, and they dont know if there gonna get any because of the full moon might want to call the morning when your going up

12. For my Son

For my Son Fish to enjoy time with my boy.

Contact
    Dockside Bait and Fuel in Conny
    440-599-6793

He still has minnows and says he should have enough by tomorrow to get through the weekend.

13. Me And My Bro Go Out On Erie Just About Every Weekend And Always Limit Out. Last Week We Had To Go Out To 60 Feet Of Water And It Took A Long Time But We Found The And After That It Did Not Take Long For The Box To Get Full. The Smallest Was 23 Inchs. We Use Spoons And Did Beter On My Secret Bait And I Had The Biggest Waleye Of My Life Spit The Hook Very Mad But Better Luck Next Time.:b

14. curling beast

ooooo that sucks with the walleye. i had the sme thing happen a few weeks ago...... i feel ur pain! thanks!

15. You can go out of Geneva State Park a mile and a half northwest in 42 ft. of water. Nice size perch.