Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bass the other white meat
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the head boat from The Fishermans Wharf out of Port Clinton today and had a blast, the walleyes were biting green and purple hair jigs tipped with minnows on a stinger hook rig. We was out on the "reef" thats all I can tell you for location, but I could see the BIG SMOKE STACK from where we fished from. 8 to 15 feet of water. I caught 4, my brother caught 6. the largest we got was 21" and the smallest was 16". It may have looked like nice weather but let me tell you, Im glad I wore my carharts and gloves. that wind can rip right through you. It was a great day and everyone on the boat went home with fish.
Bassy

·
Registered
111 Posts
What does a half a day on a head boat run? I haven't gone out on a head boat foe 15+ years and that was in Virginia in salt water. had a blast

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Nice job on the EYES there Bassy. Hope they were tasty.

Sounds like a blast. Man, I gotta get up there.

Carl

·
Bass the other white meat
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is a link to their web site,

http://www.wecatchfish.com/

Carl, Oh they were ok...................HA!!!!! best tasting fish I have had to eat since gills through the ice 7 weeks ago :D

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Sounds like you had a goos time Bassy.I didn't even know "head" boats exsisted untill I started following fishin sites on the web. Interesting concept. Glad you guys got 'em. CATKING.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,370 Posts
Isn't it great to be back out on the water? Guess that means spring is really here. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts