Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
I am looking for some good spots for shore fishing for cats in lake erie .Sandusky,cleveland,huron are the three areas I am most familiar with.also does anyone know of a campground on lake erie in ohio where tent sites are available and there is access to lake erie shore fishing without leaving the campground?also would be interested in meeting up with a fellow catfisherman in the Mansfield/surrounding area as a fishing partner,who has a passion for catfishing like I do.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mazurik boat ramp area would be a good place for cats, and east harbor state park isn't too far from there, also Catawba island state park launch has a nice pier there. I would check those places out. I'm sure there are others on hear that might have a better idea on the matter since I'm not from the Sandusky area.

promag

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sandusky bay!!! On the fishing access across from bayview bridge literally best catfishing in the state, went last night and caught 30+ channels in 4.5 hrs and 3 or 4 fish over 10lbs

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
Not sure if the wall at the East Lake powerplant is available to fishing anymore but we used to hook some cats there that could pull our boat into the channel(against the current) of the cooling water discharge of the power plant. I'm sure the wall would give up some big cats since it's in close proximity to the discharge area. Getting them up over the wall could be challenging though.

·
Carp53.65
4,196 Posts
Sandusky bay!!! On the fishing access across from bayview bridge literally best catfishing in the state, went last night and caught 30+ channels in 4.5 hrs and 3 or 4 fish over 10lbs
I second that. Sandusky Bay for channel cats is a no brainer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not sure if the wall at the East Lake powerplant is available to fishing anymore but we used to hook some cats there that could pull our boat into the channel(against the current) of the cooling water discharge of the power plant. I'm sure the wall would give up some big cats since it's in close proximity to the discharge area. Getting them up over the wall could be challenging though.
You can still fish there and it still gives up some cats. The discharge is a little more than a trickle if anything. That plant is slowly being decommissioned. They were going to convert it to natural gas but that fell thru.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Once again the bayview bridge is where its at for cats...fish the point or facing the train tracks...there is some shoreline by whites landing that you can hook some big ones at.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Give Dempsey a try,state ramp, use shrimp, a slip sinker out 30 yds and hang on, alot of bigguns caught there here lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts