Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on coming up to the lake to bowfish this weekend and it looks like its gonna be to rough for me to get out and bowfish around the islands like I usually do. Has anyone been seeing anything goin on in any of the bays or tribs that they are willing to pass on. Thanks...

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
Funny you mention that, check out the home page on my web site. You'll see a pic of some carp wallowing around in the shallows. Driving around last week I have never seen so many fins and 'backs' sticking out of the water. I was everywhere from (west) Maumme Bay to (east) East Harbor... heck I was seeing them in the middle of flooded cornfields and in the ditches. I think I took like 15 pictures but easily could have shot photos at about every place I stopped.

I think your not going to have any problem finding them at all.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...we ended up going up despite the winds and did OK. We ended up going to the bay and launching at dempseys...Nothing like running 3 footers in a flatbottom...lol...It was windy and rough but we shot a few carp...I did get one that was 36# and we had about 10 in the 22-27# range as weel as a bunch of fish in the 12-20# range..Since it was so rough and muddy we didn't night shoot there at all. We pulled the boat out at about 6 and drove over to the Detroit river to night shoot and did pretty good there too...Water was alot cleaner and clamer...Saw alota boat out trolling for wallayes below the power plant after dark...Saw the nets out alot too so they must have been catching a few..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts