Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..Shortdrift and me hit Erie today in his boat.
WalleyeGuy and his buddy were in his boat.
We all limited out.
Actually it was a tough bite today,but we didnt exactly fish prime time.
From the looks of the remains at the cleaning station..the morning bite was hot!lol
We started fishing around 10:30 this morning and fished till a little after 5:00.
Lots of slashers today.Me and Shortdrift hooked into about 24 fish,and netted 15.
Nothing huge,probably around a 3 lb average,but it was fun!
We fished from 9-13 FOW all around Davis Bessie power plant.
Vibe-es were the lure today.
We tried smaller sizes,but the fish wanted the larger 1/2 oz size today.
The hot colors were chartruese/black stripe and firetiger.
Shortdrift and WalleyeGuy...chime in with stories and pics!

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
It is late> I am tired. Tired of moving my right arm up and down and up and down. Might post the pictures tomorrow but right now I am TIRED and going to sleep! :p ;) :D :D :D

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya Ron!
I am trying to drink a cup of coffee...but I keep verticle jigging it! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Had to work hard for every nibble out there for us today.
Short and Lewis felt sorry for us and tossed over 2 fish, but it was a wasted jester, we hooked into 5 fish in the last 1/2 hour to cull out the smaller ones. Sure am glad I have a good live well. We avg. 6 walleyes at 23 inches each today.
I have no Chartruse,, but the fire tiger and Green over white finished off the evening nicely. Oh Yes and, 1/4 Oz Erie Deerie caught 2 of the last 5.
Chartruse will be in the box Monday evening, got the list made out already.
HAPPY EASTER FOLKS !!! May the Easter Bunny bring everyone a new spool of line and some snaps to go with it.

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
We could't smile too much in the above pictures because our chapped, windburned lips would have cracked even more than the already had. :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I not sure, but I think that is the same fish we been tossin back and forth for the Past 2 weeks :D ;) :eek:

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
that didn't get out and catch these beauties, these two and four others that looked exactly the same made a nice batch of fillets. Will probably catch a lot more this year that look exactly the same. :p ;) :D :D :D

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I know they'll all taste the same. ALL GOOD!

Nice job on the walleyes fellas.

Carl

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
Nice fish guys! Wish I would have made it up that way. I'll be up there next weekend weather permitting.

Tee

·
TROLL-aholic
275 Posts
Looking good guys....and the weather is looking even better for this weekend....will be out saturday afternoon..see you guys out ther!

Corey

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Shortdrift, lewis, and myself are planning to be there this Friday afternoon into the evening if all goes well.
I plan to be there Saturday with wife and a friend if all goes well, for the afternoon and evening bite.
Give a yell, channel 78 +79.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts