Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to lake Cumberland this weekend and was wanting to get on some stripers and crappie. We’ll be staying at Conley bottom but willing to go where ever to catch some fish. Was hoping to get top water casting bite on at night but would guess that’s winding down. Any help tips is welcomed

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't been down there in a couple of months so I dont have any up to date info but I do fish that area a lot. If i was going this weekend i would look within a mile of the mouth (either direction and up the creek) of Faubush, white oak, and fishing creek to start.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I just talked with my SIL tonight and he just got home from a two day trip at Cumberland, they got five stripers, fishing with shad deep he said , no location ,so they were biting at least. He lives around Lexington, I went down years before the drawdown and we got some nice stripers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
when i lived on cumberland i was down at the lake and some house boats were putzing around, a small dog went in the water and the women was yelling at the man to help her get dog , and before 2 words were said whomp !!! the dog was gone in a big swirl and spalash . i stood there totally amazed, moral of story... use bigger bait

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty tough fishing this trip. Caught one keeper and one throw back half way back white oak on 25-35’ leads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i lived on cumberland i was down at the lake and some house boats were putzing around, a small dog went in the water and the women was yelling at the man to help her get dog , and before 2 words were said whomp !!! the dog was gone in a big swirl and spalash . i stood there totally amazed, moral of story... use bigger bait
That’s a crazy story. How big was dog.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
wasa a tiny dog about 4 lbs it would fit in the palms of your hand...every now and then i would see a baby duck get snarfed by a big carp !!! we used to get all boozed up and go skinny dipping, but after that no thanks lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts