Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a city called mentor in lake county. I like to fish with hula poppers mostly. Or any surface lure. Anyone know of anygood fishing by me for bass??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try Grainger pond over in Veteran's Park. It's on Hopkins Rd. next to the elementary school. There is a lot of cover and plenty of shade there that hold decent size LM (14" plus). If the bass aren't hitting then there is always the chance for some gills or crappie around the piers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never fished there at night so I can't say. You may have some luck if you fish in the evening before dark but my guess is that your best bet for using poppers or buzzbaits is during the day during peak sunlight. At night I would stick with a Texas rigged worm or lizard using a heavy weight (at least 3/8 to 1/2 oz) to get down through all the cover. The best area for catching LM's is on the south side of the pond between the two piers from the bank. I've also caught them from the pier on the southwest side casting into the thick cover on either side. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well not there. Iam working a camping trip for a groub home that i work at. I am going to be the night watch men. We are loud to fish. Its going to be 12am till 8am. I know the lake has good bass fishing. But its going to be fishing at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts