close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Chautauqua Walleye

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruminator, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Does anyone know of, how, where, etc. to fish for them? Is this a good time of year to try? What methods?

My wife and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary in Chautauqua County, New York this weekend, it looks like.;)

2. I haven't fishin it in a long time. Can't help ya there.
    Congratulations on 28 years. Have a wonderful time. It's Beautiful over there.
    My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th this weekend.

3. I cant help on the fishing either but congrats on 28 years, my wife and I have our 4th tomorrow.

4. I'm not sure of the walleye fishing but the bass fishing the past several weekends has been REALLY off and slow. There were 2 different championships that were both 2 day events, in the past several weeks. There was also a BFL Tourney at Chautauqua about 3 weeks ago. The fishing for all those events was about half the weight that it would typically take to win a 2 day event. I was planning on going up there but may wait now till later in the year for the bass to turn on!

Happy 28th Anniversary. My wife and I are working on year #9.

5. Congrats On Your Anniversary

Where Abouts Are You Staying?
    North End South End?

Hogans Hut Right On Rt-394 Off Rt-86 They Are Pretty Good In Telling You What's Hot. Also You Might Want To Try The Bait Pond Or The Happy Hooker Bait Store ( The Last 2 Are More Middle To South On Lake ) West Side. There Are Still Some Walleye In Good Healthy Weed Lines Lindy Rig Or Jig. And Jigging Off The Bell Tower.
    Even Some Trolling Weed Edges Or Mid-lake . I Will Be Heading Up With In The Next 2 Weeks ..
    Good Luck

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for all your responses and well wishes.
    I hope you also have an enjoyable Anniversary celebration with whatever you do. ;)
    The weather is looking colder than what Lynda likes for spending a day in the boat so we are now leaving the boat at home and making it a one day trip.

- Jim