Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're thinking about getting a guide in August. Is this a good lake to fish on this time of year and is a guide worth it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
What are you fishing, its a very good bass lake, do not think you need a guide for bass , all of the classic baites and docks and weeds for LM and rocks and gravel for SM... there are some very big Muskey you might want to try a guided Muskey trip.... or ask Lure Daddy to go with you :

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a boat, just a kayak. I would only have a day to fish, so I wanted to get the most out of it. Is this one of those lakes where in 4 or 5 hours I can expect a few big bass, or a bunch of smaller ones? (guide or no guide).

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think in a kayak you should be fine, like I said fish the docks, try Senkos regular rigged or wacky rigged , its good if you can skip them under the dock, you should get numbers and some 2 to 4 lbs LM ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
We found a bay on the last day of our trip there that had tons of lily pads, cattails, etc. We hammered the bass on K&E Bass Stoppers slowly retrieved near the top of the water. Stayed in that bay for about 3 hours and probably landed well over 40 fish between the two of us. Mostly bass, with a few crappies, and a walleye. Bass were all 15 inches plus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts