Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving a tanker semi for about the past year and work has went very slow. I'm a 28 year old white male 6'1" 220lbs looking for work. I have a lot of sales and class A CDL work history. I worked for the Pepsi company in Columbus for 5 years prior to driving tanker. I had to leave Pepsi due to a knee surgery. My knee is doing much better now. Please post up or PM me if you know of anything in or around the Columbus area. Ive had a rough past few years with my knee and loosing my well paying job and need to get my life back on track. My employer that laid me off today will confirm i have a good work ethic and am very reliable. Thank you

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Depends on what type of trucking driving job you're interested... short haul or over the road, etc. Just heard Schneider Trucking advertising on the radio for drivers. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Family First.... atleast you have your priorities in order,.but it will narrow the opportunities. Start by networking with trucking buddies, newspapers, yellow pages, and company websites. You'd be surprised by the number of job openings that are filled by simply going to a particular company's website.

Have your resume ready to send, a reference list... and for someone to review both.

A very good idea is to have someone "Practice Interviewing" you. Let them critique your "Interview"....the answers, your tone, demeanor, non-verbal communication, etc.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
plenty of signs out there for a class A driver in the past, not sure on pay though....some don't want to pay squat for the license you have....I will try and get locations in my travels but around the warehouse area's (robert's rd) and Gantz in Grove City.....wish I had got my cdl's when I worked for my last employer....it does open up a lot of doors
Good luck in your search

·
Registered
499 Posts
Check FedEx and UPS if there is a local hub in your area. They are always hiring looking for drivers in the Akron/Cleveland area so it may be the same for you in Columbus. All the FedEx and UPS guys that I deal with daily at my job are always complainig that they dont have enough drivers to cover the routes properly. Good luck with your search and I hope all works out for you and your family.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Just got a call from columbus public schools....they are in need of bus drivers both full and part time(k-12)....might be something to check out, pay's not real good but its a job with bennie's and possible advancement

I might consider this myself, just for the bennies, so I don't have to pay 1080.00 a month for health insurance and going up:(

apply in person at 270 e state st or call 365-5074 for more info

·
1,915 Posts
I wish you the best in your search,Any endorsements you might have or be able pick up will make the difference in getting a good job or just a job.Some of the oil companies may offer additional training once probation period is fulfilled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts