close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ladue

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BUCKEYE, Jun 7, 2004.

1. after years of fishing the banks of Ladue; I finally got a boat to roam . i usually fish for bass,but im not picky. i just want to have a good time out and catch a few fish. any good places to look for? baits,any info would be great. thanks in advance. just remember a bad day on the wateris still better, than a good day at work

2. Dingo

Dingo

Now that you have a boat, invest a few more bucks into a depth finder, if you don't have one already. I prefer to concentrate on the section between 44 and 422, starting with the old creek bed. Get a topo map of Ladue (the state previously had them) and follow the bends in the creek bed from between the two bridges. I seem to do best trolling crankbaits (hot-n-tots) or "controlled drifting" with vib-e's or rattle traps. You can also work the weed beds (or edges) on the northeast side of the lake (north of 422).

Also keep an eye on others. I've learned a few spots north of 422 by watching where the amish guys fished.

3. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I think the One Stop bait shop may have a decent Permaguide map of Ladue. That is where I got mine a few years ago.