Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
shore fisherman just bought a use boat
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about going shore fishing up at ladue. for the first time in 20 years . where is a bait shop up there its been a long time since i have been up there. where would u guys suggest any good spot for me to take the kids :F :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The One Stop Bait Shop is on 44. I have caught a couple of bass and crappie right by the ramp. It is really the only place to shore fish with the kids.

·
Sophomore Member
29 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, shore fishing at LaDue is severely limited. The only areas they permit it are on the Rt. 422 causeway and near the ramp on the Northwest side of the lake (including the area just to the right of the ramp for about 75-100 yards).

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, shore fishing at LaDue is severely limited. The only areas they permit it are on the Rt. 422 causeway and near the ramp on the Northwest side of the lake (including the area just to the right of the ramp for about 75-100 yards).
Are you permitted to fish around the ramp now? I know it always used to be off limits.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
There is some access down the road left of the boat launch. You will cath a lot of gills and perch.
That area along the road was always a questionable one. Sometimes they let you fish and sometimes they would make you leave. I never shore fished there, I always had a boat, but thats what I was always told. That was a few years ago though when practically lived on LaDue.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I fish from a boat and can only say that apparently shorefisherman can fish from anywhere down the shoreline. Last time I was out there must have been over 50 people between the causeway, the launch area, and Auburn road. Whether you're allowed or not I cannot say, but nobody is enforcing any kind of "no fishing" rule, that's for sure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As my name indicates, I fish from shore a bunch. At Ladue, here are the location's allowed. 422 Causeway, the entire causeway on both sides can be fished, just prepare to walk to your spot. The Boathouse ramp area is allowable just not north of the actual ramp. Lakeview road (just before the main parking lot) has 3 designated fishing areas. Rt 44 Bridge you can fish along the bridge (not on the bridge) Auburn Road, you can fish either side of the bridge about 20 ft on each side.

There have been complaints that the No Fishing signs have been continually removed, and if it continues they might stop allowing shore fishing, so please respect the signs.

·
Sophomore Member
29 Posts
I have seen people shore fishing repeatedly in the areas listed by Shorefishin many times this year, including under (but not on) the SR 44 bridge. That's about all I can tell ya for this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts