ladue

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishers of Men, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I saw about 25 cars there today by the boat ramp and 2 off 44.
    Any reports?

2. Managed a couple dozen 9+ inch Crappies and a never ending array of dink perch scattered with some white perch. Fished road bed with waxies

3. Fishers of Men

Anyone pick any eyes up?
    I was surprised to see no one on the south side.

4. RUDDER WHERE AND WHEN WERE YOU OUT THERE. i WAS OUT ON SUNDAY DID GOOD ON THE GILLS AND CRAPPIES.

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I was out there too. Had on an urban camo jacket. Slightly north of everybody by the roadbed. Got a few decent crappie, some small gills and perch. Around 5:00 my bud got a nice 14" channel cat.
    Then he says,"Whoa, this's big!"
    I'm thinking walleye, and he pulls in about a 3# channel cat. He then caught another smaller one. They must have been moving through. The bite sure seemed to shut off right before sunset. I was just happy to be getting hits, sounds like you guys did better.
    We were in 18 ft of water. Was going to go deeper, but I was whooped from drilling a gizillion holes on Saturday.

Man, it was alike a spring day!:cool:

6. I was out w/a buddy. Furthest East on roadbed. Out on Sunday between 10-4pm

7. Did you have the big shanty with you. I was the guy that walked past everyone drilled a hole and started pulling the crappies out. Were you the guy that asked me what I was using? How well did that hole produce for you.

8. I was out on the south side on Saturday. Just some small perch and bluegills. I did get one 10" crappie after dark. I let all the fish go. I will try the road bed this weekend.

John

9. Fishers of Men

John, did you have the holes by the bridge?
    Usually there's some perch over there close to the rocks. Maybe too soon. Right at ice off under the corner.

10. Yep, that was us. That hole was good up until dark then it went dead.

11. They hang around there till dark then they sort of spread out.

12. tomb

tomb Tom B.

We were 2/3 to the dam on the north side. Mix of white perch, crappie, bluegill, perch----all small ones.

Anyone with the group by the dam?

13. It was amazing how high up they were. There were some caught just a few feet down from the ice.

14. yuo sould fish punderson. It's weird cause the crappies stay around the bottom and some of the gills suspend 3-9 feet under the ice. I had a smallgill fly out the hole during a hook set last week it was barely under the ice.

15. How has the Crappie fishing been on Punderson?