close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ladue Yesterday 06/21/07

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by marshal45, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Check out these monsters we caught from Ladue yesterday.......... OH wait a second, we didnt catch ANYTHING! Trolled erie dearies and crawler harnesses for about 3 hours. I shouldnt say we didnt catch anything as we managed a few white perch. Unless anyone has a great white perch recipe we throw these back and might accidentally hit them on the side of the boat on the way back into the water as they are taking over the lake. This makes my walleye count from Ladue 0 in about 10 trips. The funny thing is I know I will be back there soon. I will figure this lake out!

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Your probably going too slow, and probably too deep, try 10-14 FOW near weeds, they will be right on the edge, I'd troll at 2.3 mph, try downsizing your blades if your using big ones, try 3's or 4's, bottom bouncers work good there too. You might want to try casting jigs with minnows into or just on the outside edge of a weed bed, a swim bait moving fast will trigger walleye too.

3. I saw you guys out there yesterday. One thing you might want to try next time is tipping the erie dearies with night crawlers. I was in the green boat right next to you and noticed that you were just casting and trolling the erie dearies with a bare hook. Worms should make all the difference in the world.

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

I agree 100% I wouldnt't even put a weight forward or a spinner in the water without a fat juicy crawler hanging from it, no way no how, that is the main reason they bite it. the bigger and longer and squimier the crawler the better, I have been spinner fishing on Erie alot this year and notice I get most of my bites as soon as I drop a fresh fat crawler in the water this is when they are most active and moving around before they get waterlogged, a walleye can't resist the wiggle a fresh one shows them. :B

5. when we fished ladue ...

we did very well trolling rooster tails. and trollingg smaller cranks.. such as rattle traps and rebel crawdads..... small hot-n- tots.....etc.

as Kev said find deeper water with weed lines and work that area going faster.. and let out more tham than you think... erie tactics wil work in ladue .. jus thave to scale down the size of the presentation!!!

watch reruns of Infisherman for them tactics!!!

Frank

6. Mark34, not sure where you were fishing on ladue as there was no green boat on the water near us. We were on the north end of the causeway. I would never even consider throwing a presentation out there without a nightcrawler. In fact if you did see us real in without a nightcrawler it was because the white perch ripped them off. Kgonefishing and fishon thank you very much for the constructive feedback as every little bit helps. I just have to convince my fishing buddy that there really are walleye in Ladue as he has only caught one and it was by accident. I think we really need to work on our presentation and keeping it in the right depths as this is what I think we may be lacking. Go team kielbasa!

7. an old fishin buddy caught a 6lb,6oz eye out of Ladue 2 weeks ago. I saw it myself, no pics though. He picked up a smaller one about 2lbs, a 2lb. smallie and 4 YELLOW perch slow trolling a crawler harness. He said he was closer to the dam. He also caught several white perch too.

8. heyjay

heyjay Where's the fish ?

I've been hitting a few throwing crankbaits at weed edges for bass .