close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaDue Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nipididdee, Feb 21, 2005.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Ice is already gone, water temps are in the mid 60's and fish are in spawn mode...

2. Im on my way out there johnboy. lol hehe

3. Man, after that report I immediately headed out jon boat in tow. Fish on the beds like mad and many just moving up!!! The flip bite is back!!! Thanks for the heads up! :eek:

Nip
    www.dobass.com

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I think the topwater bite will start anyday now. Try hula poppers or chartreuse buzz baits!

5. water temp is already that warm at LaDue??

6. I think we just got a bite! I tried the topwater a little Andro- was still just a little early yet. Shouldnt be long though!!!

Nip
    www.dobass.com

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

lol.....hard water makes it easy to walk the dog, huh? :D

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

just don't take out small dogs, they tend to get cold easy and you lose action on the retreive.

9. I was out there wading from the shore today. I Had a nice bite going on shallow diving crankbaits with a fast retrieve.

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what colors? models? size?

11. desperation has set in :D the northeast ohio winter has caused brainfreeze on most of us :D :D but now I will have something to daydream about while at work today!!

12. ...ohhh you guys are so cruel...
    I'll be setting up over my favorite chum pile looking for the mother load of carp anyday now!!!

13. ...did dI tell you guys I found bear scat out there last spring and showed a game warden who then scooped it up on some screen he found nearby and took off with it w/o even saying thanks... gezzzz

14. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

You boys been inside to much...........lol
    funny stuff :D

15. Are we talking about "Ladue" in Ohio? Water temps in the 60's? In february? We have had one day of air temps in the 60's, How does the water warm up that fast when most days are in the 30's? Every pond and small lake near me still has ice. Maybe I read the date on the post wrong, or the lake your talking about is in Texas.

16. Well boys Ijust got back in. Had to stick around out on "Mother" for a while longer as the evening bite turned on just at dusk. They seemed to have quickly went into a post spawn mode- musta beded quick this year.

I pulled five between 3-5lbs off some ledges and two BIG fish off humps, likely around 6lbs. Then the topwater feedn' frenzy errupted right in front of me, took me all the way into the last couple of hours of darkness!

LaDue is just gettn better every year... fish on!

Nip
    www.dobass.com

17. I know of some nice ledges and dropoffs in mothers waters but........I have always wondered.........where could jordans hump be........how could I ever find out.....aaahhhh well :D :D fish off rt 422... good binoculars.....hey look its nip he`s leaving the boat ramp now, could that be jordans hump he is headed for???? lets see if he pulls any lunkers in.... :eek: :D ha ha don`t be paraniod now!!LOL

18. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I started getting them on cranks at mogadore today. all were very agressive. biggest went 4lbs even, rest were smaller. I try not to get greedy with my dreams....

19. my chum pile was awesome today and I took my biggest carp of the year TWICE!!!
    water temp is holding steady at 62