close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ladue report & ?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bugman, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Hit Ladue from the Rt. 44 ramp last Friday just after the storm and landed a few nice LM, 3# 12oz being the best. Most caught around rocks with one by willows. Went out again Sunday & last night and only landed 4 dinks total.

My question is: Do you think the larger fish have gone deep already or are they still in the weeds and wood? I fished the weed edges with cranks & chatterbaits with no luck. I have not fished Ladue's deep areas and would appriciate any advice.

2. My buddy and l were out there last Sunday morning (early). We were drifting along RT. 44. First catch was a white perch that l landed. Second catch, my buddy wasnt paying attention - l told him of the hit then bang the fight was on. After about 7 minutes he ended up landing a good 7lb 24 inch walleye. I was rather shocked.

I would say we were about 400 yards away from the rocks. I still think some of the big ones are around 15 fow. We were using a floating jig head, worm, and a decent sized split shot - about 2 feet up from the jig head.