Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished LaDue this evening from 6:00 'til dark. Hooked 2 nice bass on buzzbaits from the thick weeds. Lost them both at the boat, though. First one was nice, probably pushing 4 lbs. Tried a little trolling in between spots and hit a few white perch. In all seriousness, is there any thing that can be done about these things. From what I can see, and from talking to people at the lake, they are destoying the lake. The bass fishing still seems to be O.K., but the walleye fishing is poor at best.

·
Registered
244 Posts
There's really nothing you can do about those darn white perch...we used to troll for walleye there and caught dozens of the perch. They eat anything. Ive pulled some nice bass out of Ladue over the past couple years. Haven't fished there this year at all. Heres the biggest Ive caught out of there.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
It may start to change once they start the Flathead stocking. That will take a few years unless they stock some big ones right off the in beginning. They would be smart to stock some Muskie or Northern as well. It needs more big predators to eat hardy for a few years.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Flatheads would thin that population out quick. if they put fingerling size walleye in that lake like they did pymatuming it would help also. something that won't get ravaged by the white perch. It is a great forage bass for either of those two species.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It may start to change once they start the Flathead stocking. That will take a few years unless they stock some big ones right off the in beginning. They would be smart to stock some Muskie or Northern as well. It needs more big predators to eat hardy for a few years.
There are already lots of northerns in there already. They were never stocked but the are definitely reproducing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I knew there were some Northern in there. I just have not seen that many caught. I have had a few lines sheared off while trolling. They hit then you get a strong surge then the line just pops. It is not a hang up because you can feel the fish on. Then it is gone. I read it somewhere a month or so ago they have to draw lake way low to place the structure in. It has to be built and placed by the state before they can stock the flatheads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is it for? Would luv to catch flatheads at ladue,caught a few at the grand river lots of fun. Was at ladue over the wkend channels are starting to bite been experimenting with stink baits with some success. C/R barbless hooks just luv the sport.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To mention had a big 36" at least northern take a stinkbait? While catfishing he rolled at the boat and we lost him first pike we caught at ladue or kinda caught.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I recently heard that they released catfish and musky in there. Again, just hearsay. It does seem that they are at least tryng to do something. Also heard that they did actually just release some fingerling walleyes in there instead of the fry.

·
Registered
819 Posts
They released channel cats about every year and since pymy sucess with fingerling walleyes it was thought this same process would work well at Ladue as well. A few years Ladue could be the new walleye honey hole. Lets hope

·
Jay
2,243 Posts
the walleye are starting to hammer the white perch population finally, with help from the cats n bass. we have been catching more and more walleye in there over the past two years. if you look in the latest fish n field the have a couple of dandys in there. i was trolling there the other day n pulled a worm harness at advice from bait shop guy n only went through 4 worms in 1 1/2 hours those perch aren't as bad as they have been.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Is there certain areas to fish for the pike there?im thinking about going saturday.ad i havnt used a worm harness in yrs so i dont know how to rig them with weight ect...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think I will hit Ladue again Friday morning but; I have to check out weather forecast first. With the recent rains and cooler nights I hope things start to pick up again my wife is complaining that I haven't brought any Crappie or walleye home in awhile. Just have to keep trying he,he,he,he,. Sometimes being unsuccessful gets rewarded !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts