close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaDue pike

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Kastmaster93, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Kastmaster93

Kastmaster93 Cleveland based fisherman

hey everyone, i just got back from a couple hours of trolling at ladue. about 45 minutes in to the troll i hooked into a MONSTER pike. i was out by myself in my little 10 and a half footer, but managed to get it in the boat. it turns out it actually bit off one of the trebles on my white wally diver with purple stripes. it was a great fight, the fish seemed about 20 or 25 pounds at least and probably around 40 inches. it was truly a monster, however i wasnt thinking right obviously and put it on a metal stringer. it immediately unclipped itself and swam off. anyways, im heading out tomorrow for some more (walleyes or pike), and just wanted to let you all know about my catch. any input or comments would be appreciated.

2. Last I checked the state record is 22 pounds for pike, so you either over estimated the weight of your fish or let the state record swim off. Hopefully the pike wasn't injured on the stringer before it got away so someone else can catch it.

3. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Wow. Pulling in a fish that is 1/3 the size of your boat has to be pretty darn exciting... what a rush that must have been. 20+ lbs or not it sure must have made your year!
    Maybe that toothy monster was a musky... any chance of that?

4. Kastmaster93

no, it was definately a musky, but ya it probably wasnt 22 pounds. it was huge though, i would logically guess around 17 or 18, not too far off from the 22.

5. Kastmaster93

scratch that, i meant it was definately a pike. sorry

6. firehawkmph

firehawkmph Retired Firefighter

I think you need a bigger boat..........(from 'Jaws'). Nice fish. Glad you put him back, even if it wasn't planned that way. He can only get bigger now.
    Very exciting when you are by yourself.
    Mike Hawkins:B

7. JTRESS

JTRESS consistently confused

Your estimation of weight might be pretty close. I caught a muskie at Salt Fork a couple years ago- it was 43" long and on digital scales went 21.5 lbs.

8. Kastmaster93

ya, it was definately an above average fish. im goin back to troll again tomorrow

9. Here's one I caught out of there a few years ago. It was 36 1/2" and weighed a little over 11 lbs. It was released to fight another day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kastmaster93

ya, thats a nice fish. mine was definately larger, though. im sure it was over 15 pounds...

11. Kastmaster93

ha ya thats what i was my biggest regret. it was raining a little so i was just stupid and didnt get my phone out of the side of the boat. but the back treble of my wally diver is definately still LODGED in the side of its mouth, it was in there and it wasnt coming out for a while, that i know. so if u get a nice pike outta there with this attribute, you know which one u have :]

12. This was 42.5 inches 20 pounds. I caught it this summer at Lake Nipissing in Ontario

[​IMG]

13. Did you get length and/or girth?