close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaDue? or East Branch

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PumpUpTheBass, Jul 14, 2007.

1. PumpUpTheBass

PumpUpTheBass JonBoatWannabe

Any recent reports from LaDue or East Branch? Looking to spend a day next week, id like to be catching a few fish. also Wat may be a decent Catfish lake near Geauga county?

2. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

both are really good lakes for bass and cats, however last i heard east branch was down about 10ft so check that out before you decide

3. According to The News Herald last week... East Branch is down 7 feet. I personally think that would be interesting to see. If I'm out that way sometime soon I may just have to stop by to see.

4. Im assuming a boat that could be carried to the water at east branch would be good since the ramp is inaccessible?? This would also mean lower pressure lake this year and could yield better results??? any one have any ideas??

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Water is down at Ladue too, not 7', at least 3' or 4'. No problems launching a boat though. Bass are there you just need to bust out the scuba gear to find them, they're pretty deep. Went yesterday and fishing was pretty slow, caught a couple one being a 3lb Smallmouth, that made my day! Saw some up and down Crappie action under the 422 bridge.

6. PumpUpTheBass

Most likely i will head off to LaDue with groundedrsx. East branch doesn't sound too promising. Any advice or anything said at all is much appreciated.

7. ParmaBass

For Bass try around the causeway or Dam, crankbaits or tubes. For a more productive day I'd get some minnows and camp out under the 422 bridge and fish for Crappie, those guys I saw on last Thursday were reeling them up as soon as they closed there spool. On my fish finder it looked like the fish were suspeded in 8' right next to the pilings. Good luck!

8. Thanks for the help parma bass!

9. PumpUpTheBass

Yes thank you much!! All help is much appreciated.

10. Punderson puts out some decent cats. I don't see too many people fish for them and you'll find plenty in the 18" - 22" range all along the pads.

11. You cant even launch a boat in east branch. Last time i went i had to carry it down to the beach and that was 3 weeks ago. I have no idea how far down it is now.

12. how was the fishing though when you did go to east branch? The boat being used can be easily carried to the water... no problems with that.

13. ParmaBass

That's a pretty crazy picture. I'm glad LaDue doesn't look like that.

14. PumpUpTheBass

wow! So yeah. I think we will go to LaDue mebe. I went out there today under the 422 bridge and caught 4 little crappie and i think a white perch. Not bad kinda fun... Really wet. lol

15. heyjay

heyjay Where's the fish ?

Good job . A smallie like that is always nice . Did she go airborn ?

16. ParmaBass

She actually stayed down, thought I had a BIG Largemouth on until I saw the brown! Definately a fun fight, especially with the wind blowing me right into the causeway.