close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaDue ice = 5"-8" 50% "clear" at best

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Feb 24, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

.....thats all i got for ya :D

2. Does it look good to go then?
    Have you been fishing for any trout lately?
    THANKS in advance

3. hardwaterfan

well i was fishing on it tonight.... with all that white ice id call it borderline.... you know how that goes.... i retraced my steps to get back to shore, let me put it that way...there was no one else out there... :eek:

havent been fishing for the trout lately.... went to shadow on the way home from work the other day, a few guys out but i didnt trust the shoreline ice and just talked to the guys from shore.

4. ...a buddy of mine said he saw someone on Ladue the other day towards the dam area was that you?
    THANKS for the reply I guess I'll stick with the smelt at edgewater this weekend...

5. hardwaterfan

no, ive never made it that far yet....thats one heck of a walk from the 422 lot...theres a lot of great structure (humps and drop offs, a submerged bridge, a road bed, etc.) out there and its not nearly as long of a walk...however i havent been able to find any "great fish" on the "great structure" :D but i refuse to give up the chase. thats half the fun anyhow..

a young fellow stopped by as i was leaving and told me he lived near the lake and could just walk out somewhere more towards the dam area, maybe it was him...

6. awww... could have been him...

7. hardwaterfan

was "all over" the lake (north of 422) last evening.... around 7" everywhere...i felt pretty confident...

the lake was REALLY making some noise after the sun went down.... :eek:

some really wild noises...then the water in my holes was going up and down, it was something...

8. Man I just hate the "NOISES"... :eek:
    Did you fish or just check things out?

9. hardwaterfan

i was fishing....got there about noon and fished all over until about 7:30...

didnt really catch anything worth mentioning.... some smallish perch.... a few decent gills, one small crappie....one catfish.

10. i was at ladue today 1 small perch and 1 small gill. i would of had alot more if i took the aqua-vu off my lap. saw a bunch of nice crappie and a huge perch and a bunch of small perch saw a eye swim by i think it looked like a eye. bunch of nibbles i love the aqua vu. when u actually see somtheing i saw about 30-50 fish in one hole with the vu. most of the time i was just setting the hook badly and they were getting off half way :D

11. i was by the damWe got 5 whitebass and a couple perch, it was kinda dangerous

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. that was me and two budies. We were the only ones out, and we caught four or five white bass and some little perch
    we had pinmans and minnows. Ask ur buddy if the person had a tent

13. the kid that lives by the lake is Matt. He fishes about every day there, so call him if you want some info. His number is 440-834-4842, tell him Dustin told you to call and hell be happy to talk

14. Just a suggestion for you Walleyeguyman. You may want to think twice about posting phone numbers in a public thread. I know if it were me I would be leery. You would be safer to pass phone numbers via a PM.

Oh by the way, welcome to the OGF! I think you will enjoy your time spent here.