Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
here kitty kitty!
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Ladue to test out a friends 12ft alum. starcraft mid 60's boat he just got ... didn't go to far from the boat house just in case it leaked... we rowed in circles and drifted for about 8 hours....no fish finder and no electric motor... he's saving up the money.... it was a good time... it was like being a kid again!

I got this nice channel... 7ft medium/light action rod... 10lb line... measured at about 25 inches (tape measure) about 8lbs (rapala spring scale)... on cut bait (white perch).

other than white perch this was it...but no leaks on any of the rivets... and we had to ground a tail light that was out on the trailer ... this was fun at 3am! :)

sorry... photo is a cell phone pic :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
my dad and i went out to ladue today around 8 am but all the shore line has signs posted bout algue bloom and not to come in contact with the water around these areas .....so we ended up leaven :( ..is the algue bloom that bad??? we just got our fishing license's yesterday and was hoping to get the lines wet and ladue was closest to us

·
Registered
211 Posts
Went out to Ladue to test out a friends 12ft alum. starcraft mid 60's boat he just got ... didn't go to far from the boat house just in case it leaked... we rowed in circles and drifted for about 8 hours....no fish finder and no electric motor... he's saving up the money.... it was a good time... it was like being a kid again!

I got this nice channel... 7ft medium/light action rod... 10lb line... measured at about 25 inches (tape measure) about 8lbs (rapala spring scale)... on cut bait (white perch).

other than white perch this was it...but no leaks on any of the rivets... and we had to ground a tail light that was out on the trailer ... this was fun at 3am! :)

sorry... photo is a cell phone pic :eek:
Sounds like a great time, and nice fish!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was at Ludue today as well. Here is a Cat that my brother in law caught on a Rapp. We went ashore to take a pic. It weighed in at 7.9 pounds. It put up a nice fight that's for sure! A nice guy in another boat let us borrow his net since we didn't have one. I have to say, you meet more nice people fishing then anywhere else. Everyone (Well Most People) are pretty considerate and polite!

Attachments

·
here kitty kitty!
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hey davie,

i haven't seen any algae at ladue this year... the signs may have been left up from last year ... it was closed for a couple of weeks or so last year...the guy at the boat house hasn't said anything about it...

tell your pops i said hi :)

castroyy... thats the twin!... nice catch!

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey davie,

i haven't seen any algae at ladue this year... the signs may have been left up from last year ... it was closed for a couple of weeks or so last year...the guy at the boat house hasn't said anything about it...

tell your pops i said hi :)

castroyy... thats the twin!... nice catch!
I was out on ladue a few night ago and i saw a pretty good amount... i hope it wasnt toxic...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts