Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
And A Kiss For Good Luck!
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about camping and fishing this summer @ Ladue for a few days. We originally had planned to go to up state NY and fish Black Lake for a week, but it's the dogs. My thirteen year old Weimaraner is too old to travel.
So we are staying home and coming up to fish Ladue.

Can anyone give me some tips on camping in that area? Maybe renting a cabin or doing a rent-a-camp. I've checked out Punderson State Park so far. Any suggestions would be great.

Can't wait to fish Ladue and Mosquito!:)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Punderson is nice and if you are going to hit Mosquito too you might want to camp there. It would be a little farther drive to Ladue though. The nice thing about camping at Punderson is you can fish there or drive 5 mins. to hit Ladue or 10 - 15 min. to East Branch.

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,158 Posts
I remember when LaDue had its old little campground, hmmmm, about 30 years ago........
Used to be sweet.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
No camping at LaDue far as I know. Punderson or Mosquito have camps. Punderson is electric only as is Ladue. LaDue is no swinning. West Branch and Berlin both have campsgrounds with boat access on the lake.

Good luck.

·
And A Kiss For Good Luck!
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all the tips.
No kids....like that would be a vacation!

It's hard core fishing. I'm thinking we will probably be fishing Ladue the most. So much to fish and not enough time.

I like the fact that Punderson has lakes to fish also. Bit I will look into Jellypark too!

Okay, so where are all the Hogs??? PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts