Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the boat out today on Ladue. Who ever was the engineer that placed that new dock and ramp surely knows nothing about getting a boat off a trailer. The ramp is the old 422 road bed before they flooded the area. The ramp does not drop off enough to get the boat to float off the trailer. Where there was more of a drop off is where they placed the dock then filled in around the dock with big rocks. The water level is up and it is like mid summer level on the ramp. It was nice that they finally put in a dock but; they really screwed the pooch while doing it!

·
wolfenstein
409 Posts
Haven't used that ramp but it seemed to be in the past that you backed in beside the old road bed and ramp was on opposite side. When the lake is low, the road is like a dock going 75yds out. You'd have to backup 2x that to actually use it as a launch.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The ramp isn’t the old road bed like wolf stein mentioned, it’s next to it a few yards. Akron never dug it out very long or that deep. The rocks on the north side is a ??, maybe to keep guys from driving out toward the island when they lower the lake. The money spent on rocks could have dug the ramp out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have used it twice. No it may not be in the best spot, but it sure is nicer than what was there before.
Thanks Geauga County, or whoever is responsible for it's being there.

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,794 Posts
Went there a couple times hoping for white perch. Are they easily caught from shore? I tried from 422.

·
Registered
37 Posts
as an Icefisherman, I like that roadbed...Its two-three feet less that I have to worry about contacting the ground....
Last fall, with the water level way down, it was clear where things lay....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts