Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great job Nippidee!

I wish I could say the same. What part of the lake are chances best right now and how deep do you recommend?

I was out Monday the 10th. Surface temps were 60-61 and the wind was strong enough from the south to create whitecaps. I tossed a spinner all around the western shore north of 422 all the way to the dam. I threw an occasional tube in the rip rap areas but still no takers. Water was still pretty murky. I tried for crappies in a few spots and didn't do any better. About 1pm I ended up around the 422 bridge and caught a couple of large white perch. This was a surprise. When did they get in here?

The wind finally died down about 2pm but it was time to go home. Talked to a couple others just leaving. One got 3 crappie in a bay south of 422 and the other had squat. :confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
HeY Nip,
Any word on what the status is on the ramps? THe last couple times I launched at 422 on the shallow side on old road bed. After watching numerous people get stuck in the gravel I don't want to even attempt that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can see where people might have a lot of trouble. I got in and out OK but I had it in 4wd. The angle is a bit shallow also. My exhaust was half submerged in order to get enough depth to easily get the boat off. That made me a bit uncomfortable.

If any of you guys see me out there come by and swap stories. I have a 14 ft Tracker pulled by a blue Trailblazer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The last time I was there I had the water up to the bottom of my doors and still had to push the boat off. Not fun.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Curly! I wish I could point you in the right direction for something but if you look at my stats you'll see I haven't a clue !!!! I can't catch but one fish at a time on lado and those are dumb fish.

If Id guess correctly Id say a mass move to the banks has occurred with this awesome weather. For whatever reasons bass still had yet to make the initial big push for the spawn (last two events)- Id say by now though they are littered on every bush and piece of wood- some on tight and wont bite, others moving up eating it alive.

I have committed myself to four days on the big pond though. Mother has spanked me lately. Im gonna go where you cant go wrong!!! :) I'm hearn' smallies are eatn' anything from bubblegum to pop cans- and bigger then EVER!!! Cousins from KY coming up and experience what they "cant believe"!

As for the ramp- last word was there was no more $$$ or manpower to make a fix and once they got some of both they intend to do somethin'- the lado ramp is a case in point- if it aint broke, dont fix it :) The key to any successful launch is a LONG rope or a partner with waders!

Nip
www.dobass.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
yea...... the ramp is total crap. Its horrible to have water up to your tail pipe and the boat trailer not completely submerged. I have to get on waders and pull the boat on and off the trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts