close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ladue Address

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Does anyone have the address for ladue lake.

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

3. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

By the way, notice the (new?) restricted area at the dam. I still have not been out to LaDue this year and don't know if they are trying to enforce it.

4. I just chummed 2 areas for carp tonight and will be out there fri eve (more chum), sat morn, sat eve (more chum) and maybe sun morn too...
    I still do not know where you can fish on the shore cept off 422 and 44... anywhere else or anywhere that is even land and not rip rap???
    THANKS in advance

5. Me and my cousin are heading up there around midnight and staying until sometime early morning. will post how we do

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what are you going for?

7. ... on a side note ...
    I caught my best inland lake walleye from (9lbs 8oz) from Ladue at night using a rattle trap for bass...

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

"I caught my best inland lake walleye from (9lbs 8oz) from Ladue at night using a rattle trap for bass..."

That is awesome!

I think they are stocking it again with walleye....I cant wait to get out on the ice and try again for a hog walleye like that. I wonder if those perch are getting any bigger?

9. fished from about 1:30am till 7:30 am Caught 12 cats between the two of us biggest being 5 1/2lbs Started doing some bass fishing at about 5am and I ended up with 6 lm biggest being 3 1/4 lbs smallest being 1lb also caught another small Sm 10in long.
    all in all not to bad of an outing for me. My cousin didnt catch any bass.
    I used to really like going to highlandtown lake but ever since they lowered the water there I havent done squat. So I think for now Ladue is my home away from home.

10. Also seen a awsome Bald eagle on a tree branch, waited around for a while to see him fly off and It was totally amazing. A true sight to behold.

11. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Yeah, Ladue is home to one of Ohio's 100 nesting pairs of eagles. That pair had a successful nest with 2 offspring. The nest is just south of 422 on the eastern shore, a little bit back into the woods.

Also, the last tournament I had there, we saw a pilliated woodpecker. That is the kind woodpecker Woody is modelled after with the bright red head. It was HUGE! We were in this little private cove and he flew 10 ft right above us and landed in a tree right by us. We took are boat right underneath where he was pecking and his bark pieces were falling into the boat. I almost could touch him if I would have put my rod up to him. He was that close! He must have been the size of a chicken or bigger.

Pretty neat, both of them.

12. fished yesterday from 4pm to 11pm and caught 3 real nice bullheads (released them) and 4 carp with the largest going about 15-18 lbs. Lost 2 that were bigger (saw them) and had 3 break off... going back today infact in a couple mins...

13. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

ATRKYHNTR,
    The only other places I know of to shore fish LaDue are along Valley Rd and maybe Auburn Rd. It is my understanding that fishing is allowed where the road crosses the water, between the ends of the guardrails.

14. awww... was hoping there were other areas but with all the garbage left behind by the bankers its no wonder we can fish anywhere...

Went out this morning and caught 4 carp biggest was around 16-18lbs... Lost 4 more from either breakoffs at the knot or in the line :(