Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished today in the 4th qualifier of the year. Ladue has been kicking my butt in a serious fashion this season. Had one good Bass day back in April and one solid day of bowfishing with Matty Ice (AKA PepleofthePerch), other than that we've been washing lures! Today was pretty nuts with the wind, I swear we saw 3 footers on the North end this afternoon. My GPS speed went from 4mph to 1.4mph in a split second as we were heading straight into an easy 30mph wind out of the South today. Took a couple over the bow, avoided the rain, but still managed to get soaked as the waves crashed into the front of the lil Misfit. Bill caught one that we let swim away after we made the decision to tuck our tails between our legs and get the hell off the water! Here's a pic that pretty much sums up the day, WilliamOnica in what I like to call "taking a break"....... Ladue 4 Parmabass 0 (Don't forget the 20 show points NIP!):D

Attachments

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
Come on Bill. At least when I rest my eye's I keep a lure in the water either trolling or drifting..Ya gotta make the effort.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on Bill. At least when I rest my eye's I keep a lure in the water either trolling or drifting..Ya gotta make the effort.
It was one of those kinda days Snake! If I didn't have to steer the boat with the bow mount I would of been "taking a break" too!!:D:D lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well the Kitson's didn't have any problems with the weather, they wacked them. They came in with a 18lb bag. No one else was even close. We had 6 1/2 pounds and got a check. That wind was terrible. Don't know how you avoided the rain because it came down about 9:30.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How we avoided the rain.....we were under the bridge!! lol We didn't even see the Kitson this morning, then we saw them "Humpin" on the North end right before we bailed. Good job on the check, it was a tough day! Not too many events on Ladue where 6lbs will get you a check!!

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FORGOT TO ADD THIS.......

I also managed to lose a rod over the side as a wave jumped up and grabbed the lure!! So if anyone catches a 6'6" Guide Series rod with a Curado reel in the South end it's mine. As a reward you can keep the rod and lure, but I'd really like my Curado back! :(

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would of been a good pic! I thought it was gonna rain longer, just wasn't feeling it today,lol :(

·
Registered
16,829 Posts
FORGOT TO ADD THIS.......

I also managed to lose a rod over the side as a wave jumped up and grabbed the lure!! So if anyone catches a 6'6" Guide Series rod with a Curado reel in the South end it's mine. As a reward you can keep the rod and lure, but I'd really like my Curado back! :(
I hope you punched the GPS coordiantes when you washed your rod. I'll be glad to drag for it.. Maybe that's why Bill kept his lures in the boat when he napped. :)

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I got the coordinates. Tried for a few minutes, but when it happened we thought the day was gonna turn out alot better that it did, lol. HINDSIGHT, we should of stayed there and tried a little longer. Bill NEVER stops thinking!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought it was bad when I lost my new net (it bounced out of the boat) on 422 going to Ladue but to loose your rod and reel. That sucks. Who know's a lot of people who fish Ladue are on this site so maybe you'll get lucky and get it back. Let's hope so.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
well it was a tuff day but i did manage. To boat our only fish and get in a nap LOL.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Our Lewt Lake Erie event was canceled to today. On the way back home we crossed the causeway and I thought there were alot of bass boats in sight. I figured there may have been a tourney going on.

I did see a guy set the hook on a bass on the south side of the causeway by the east side. That little bay that gets landlocked with low water. He was throwing a top water and the bass made a big splash and I saw him set the hook on it. Kinda neat timing as we came off the causeway.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Don't worry, your summer is about to make a turn for the best. Look at the bright side, training camp is just around the corner!

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't worry, your summer is about to make a turn for the best. Look at the bright side, training camp is just around the corner!
I hadn't thought about that! Time to winterize the boats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts