close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LaDue (1-28)

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Jan 28, 2005.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

not much happening this evening, some small panfish were caught by me and some people i talked to. it was really nice to be out there though. sunny and the wind wasnt bad. maybe too sunny. marked lots of fish but even the marks that i think were gills or crappie just werent interested in eating tonight.

ice was 2"-7" :eek: ice is very sloppy looking.

the ice was making some big-time noise out there though (the good kind)

water clarity seemed to be about 4'

2. THATS ODD BECAUSE I WENT TO A BUDDIES POND THAT IS ONLY A WOPPEN 30 FEET ACROSS AND 12 FEET DEEP. NO TAKERS. HES BEEN STOCKIN CRAPPIES IN IT FOR 10 YEARS. THATS ALOT OF FISH. EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE FEEDING TIMES IN THE WARMER WEATHER,THERES TIMES WHEN THE ICE IS ON AS WELL. WE ARE STILL TRYING TO COME UP WITH A GAME PLAN BECAUSE THIS WAS ON A WINDY DAY WITH PLENTY CLOUDS. USUALLY WELL GET 30 CRAPPY IN 3 HOURS. MOST FISH ARE THROWN BACK BECAUSE ITS JUST A TOOL AND ALOT OF FUN! :cool:

3. Check the barometer from yesterday. It was sky high and may of caused lock jaw.

Scott

4. One hint try about 5pm to about 8pm. Take some sort of fishfinder with you. Flasher type best. Crappie should be somewhere between 4 - 10 ft deep @ that time. These are just guidelines but the flasher should reveal which depth is producing most activity. Better to fish too shallow as compared to too deep. Crappie will rise to take a bait but almost never see anything below them. Another rule of thumb , the clearer the water the deeper they will be.