Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling in the Fairport Harbor area for eyes over the last couple of weeks. It seems that there has been a lack of reports in this area and any input would be helpful. I fished Sunday with little success, 2 taken on watermelon 110 back in 48-52 FOW. We covered from perry all the way back to the grand and depths from 55- 32'. Im headed out tomorrow so any input would be helpful. Thanks

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
im not trying to sound like a wise a$$ here, but why don't you go where we are getting good reports? im heading to ashtabula in a few hours and i will have a post later this evening.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
For some reason people who fish the Mentor/Fairport area rarely post results at this site. This has been true for the three yrs I have followed this site.

If there is another site that gets those reports, I would like to find it. That's a nice area and I would launch there in Fairport occasionally if there was more intell. Today, I go where there is some information base to point me in the right direction.

Being close to the water in Concord, it's easy to understand why you would like more info. Gas prices as they are.....trailoring elsewhere and long runs on the water all add up.

Start posting a report for the area everytime you go out. Good or bad. Might be suprised and have others join your thread.

There are several bait shops around Fairport. Would think that posting some reports would also help their business. Wonder why they don't?

Good luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
North of the Chagrin and the Mentor Lagoons, Sunday was slower for us too. We were out there for 6 hours and had 5 fish to show for it. It seemed like from what I was hearing on the radio that everyone on the radio was doing similarly. I would go west instead of East out of the Grand (just a confidence thing).
Saturday was much better 15 eyes and a steelie landed and numerous fish lost w/ 6 lines out(a couple people were first timers). The large confusion spoon was by far the best spoon for us last weekend. We're catching almost all of our fish higher in the water column off in line boards w/ jets in 55' to 60' of water.
Hope that helps. Good Luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
flylogicsteelhead,
If everyone would only read reports and not contribute, then there wouldn't be anything to read. Post your reports, good or bad. I haven't seen you post about your struggles in the past couple weeks. It is very possible that one of the good people on this site will speak up and help you out. I am certainly no expert, but if you PM me I'll try to give good advice. It seems like there are no regular posters from Wildwood on west to geneva/ashtabula. It's up to people like you and I to help fill that void. I hope others follow suit. Have fun. Let us know know you do.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know exactly what you mean about reading and not posting. To be 100% honest with you I am a river guy just because I have never owned a boat. Just recently a couple of my friends have purchased nice fishing rigs and are docked at Fairport harbor. I did see your reports EZ and unfortunately bula is a little far for me to go when its not my boat. I will be trying to go west out of the harbor tomorrow just because i have pounded the east alot. But hey I just want to find fish so I will try anywhere. I will post every outing no matter what. Thanks guys, and tight lines

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would stop in a Grand river tackle and spend a few bucks.
Bruce is a great guy he'll take care of you.

There's also D&W tackle around there too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts