Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been a little while since I've been out and had anything to report, but today I finally made it out on a decent day in a decent spot to smack some wallies. A huge thank you to Oh Yeah! (aka GR) for sharing some intel on another site and also to some of the guys on here who posted program info. My buddy and I put lines in the water around 8 this morning southwest of the center of the Huron dumping grounds, pulling meat off of 40tts and 3 oz inlines, 1.3-1.7 mph avg, on a east/northeast heading. Quite a bit of white trash out there, but at 8:45 pulled the first walleye, by 9:10 had 3, and by 10 we had 6 in the box. Both the tts at 85-95 back and the weights at 40-50 back pulled fish equally. Worked a small 1/4-1/2 mile stretch just east of the center of the grounds. As the wind shifted towards the north, we adjusted to aim through what I imagined was the heart of the pod. And every pass through it we got at least one fish, but the farther north the wind shifted, the fewer hits we got. After 10:00, it took us til noon to get 3 more, although one of them was a slob of a fo. Then we ran out of the 5 dozen crawlers we started with... so we switched it up and decided to try for the rest of them skinny in front of the castle using sticks. Started in 22 fow pulling directly towards shore using a combo of deep huskies 25 back and reefs 25-35 back. Purples and pinks with chart, at around 1.5-1.8 mph. Pulled some board sinking farm animals and one heifer walleye in about 14 fow just off the castle. Felt like I could spit on the windows of that place... and after 2 passes there we had both been beat up enough that we just decided to call it a day. But 10 for 13ish is certainly ok by me. Scratch that, I think its fantastic, at least considering its the best day we've had in a long time. Woodgrain it was nice meeting you guys at the dock today. Good luck out there everyone!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good job. The best part of all is that this bite is just beginning to heat up good in Huron. We have a couple months of fantastic fishing awaiting us yet in the bowl.

·
Registered
693 Posts
we fished sunday west of the huron river 12 to 24 fow we got a 2 man ticket in 3 hours 18 to 22 inchers. 70 to 90 back on rr green flash and bare naked purple. you had to see the boats south of you there were about 20 boats working a small area. there were sea gulls and bait fish every where.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We fished the Cranberry creek area sun. evening and mon. till noon got 6 both times for 3 people. Fish ranged from 16 to 27in. and also a lot of white perch

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was weird on Monday. Hazy until about 11 I think. Could barely even see the lighthouse for a while. But there were no floating cities, so that was a plus. Most boats I saw was when we made the move to the castle, there was maybe a dozen and a half boats in the 25-35 fow range. I saw a few anchor lines, so I assumed they were mostly perching. And yes, Jason, Im counting down the days til fall when the REAL bowl bite gets going... can't wait for the fall hawg fests!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts