Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6/20/09 - Was all set to wade the Hocking yesterday but got blown out with all the recent rains so checked this site http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?03159500 and was surprised to find the Little Muskingum looked OK. So, went exploring and wet wading for the first time Sat. Water was slightly stained but not bad. Couldn't find the smallies, but had something big & long Musky or Pike? blow up on my tube about an arms length away in chest deep water as I pulled my tube out for another cast. Sprayed water across my sunglasses when it broke water. Whatever it was really got the heart pumpin'.
6/21/09 - My wife and I went down to Forked Run from 11:30 - 4 pm. It was my first trip to the lake. Beautiful place with some nice shaded coves. Tried fishing weightless flukes for the first time and was very happy with it. Easy bait to fish and the bass seemed to like it as much as I did. Caught a handful of peanuts and 2 keepers. The highlight was this nice fish that went 18 in. I'll be back to this lake and now have confidence in the fluke.

Clarification "2 keepers" - I catch & release bass

1 - 1 of 1 Posts