KUDOS to Cranberry Creek Marina :-)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

KUDOS to CRANBERRY CREEK MARINA :)

I just wanted to share with you that I recently had to take my boat in Cranberry Creek Marina for some unexpected service on my Evinrude.
    Nope, I didn't buy my boat from them, but still, they did everything in their power to accomodate me, and the extremely tight schedule I was on because of two upcoming tournaments.
    Since I spend so much of my time traveling, I have dealt with many different dealers. But, until a few weeks ago, I had never been to Cranberry Creek Marina.
    Tim diagnosed the problem within minutes, and had me up and running in no time.
    Tim, is top notch in my book, and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a mechanic.

I think I remember seeing a Cranberry Creek Marina banner here on OGF, so hopefully this means that this post wont get deleted for me giving my stamp of approval (promoting) for a business that does not advertise here on OGF !%

Cranberry Creek Marina
    4319 Cleveland Road East
    Huron, Ohio 44839
    Toll Free: (877) 464-0172
    Phone: (419) 433-3932 or (440) 967-3932
    Fax: (419) 433-5101

2. You found out what many of us already knew. The combo of Woody in sales and Tim in service can't be beat anywhere!

When you add owner Bob to the mix in getting CCM to be involved with the creation of the Hawgfest and WBSA/LEWT, and the proximity to the best and longest walleye season on the lake you have a sure winner by getting to know them well!

3. Glad to see you posting again Marcia.

And I'm very happy to see you don't hold a grudge... ; )

The folks at Cranberry have been great supporters of OGF and the Hawgfest(s). We appreciate them very much.

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I have never had anything except positive experiences with Cranberry. Everybody there, even Woody:) , is top notch!

5. Top notch personnel and professional in every way.:)

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Launched out of there a few times, great folks and great fishing just a short ways out.

7. warrior baits

warrior baits TBDBaitsITL

they run a real nice place up there at cranberry. Real nice people and don't forget if you do stop by to go smallie fishing make sure you pick up some Warrior Baits. They do real good up there on the gobys and the tubes.

8. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

where do you smallie fish at? I have tried and had limited luck out of the mansion to lorain, typically in 10-18 ft. of water....HELP!

9. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

You are in the right areas, just have to find the depth they are in. In the spring they can be very, very shallow. In the heat of the summer they can be harder to locate.The smallies will be really taking off again as water temps drop

10. I drove an hour to look at a motor and hear it run before it came off a boat.When my son and I get there, they fire it up, run it for a few seconds, shut her down. It was not a bad deal, and I was ready to buy, had the cash in hand.

Tell them, that is great, it sounds good, starts, idles and all, how about we run compression numbers???You would have thought I asked to sleep with their wives. We don't have time for that,it is a broker deal, we aren't messing with that, I mean every excuse you can imagine. I tell them, well, you aren't selling a motor today until I see the numbers. Even asked to borrow their gauge, I left mine at home, told them I would do it myself so as not to waste their precious time. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!You heard it run, what more you need???

Needless to say I grabbed my son and we got the hell outta there. And this is the real kicker. We weren't even down the street a half mile when my phone rings.You guessed it, it was them. "Hey we just ran compression and the numbers were fantastic!!" I could not have even pulled the plugs in the time I had been gone, let alone run 6 cylinders of compression. Something stunk to high hell when I went there.Much less than impressed.Which is why they lost a motor sale that day, and a customer in the future. This was in the past 6 months. :(

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Oaklane,

Your relayed experience goes against everything I have ever personally experienced, seen or heard in my dealings with Cranberry Creek over the last 4-5 years.

I am sure that you are relaying your story as you perceive it to have happened. My personal observations would lead me to believe that there is probably another side to this story that may paint quite a different story.:)

Kim

12. Is that a polite way of calling me a liar???I know you are not them, but it goes against everything I know to not run compression on a motor. Hey, they went out of their way to get me over there. 5 phone calls, telling me when the motor was coming off, calls the day before to let me know it would be in the shop. Even called to set up a time to look it over.

So, what is the big deal about running the numbers when I am standing there???

I just fail to see the logic. They lost a sale because of it. They were great up until I asked to see compression numbers. Then they turned into different people.